- Lexaria has received notifications of four new patents either awarded or allowed
- After the awarding of these patents, Lexaria’s total patent portfolio will have grown to 32 granted patents worldwide
- The new granted patent in Japan is under Patent Family #3: Stable Ready-to-Drink Beverage Compositions Comprising Lipophilic Active Agents
- The new granted Australian patent is under Patent Family #18: Compositions and Methods for Enhanced Delivery of Antiviral Agents
- The new allowed Canadian patent is under Patent Family #8: Compositions Infused with Nicotine Compounds and Methods of Use Thereof
- The new allowed US patent is under Patent Family #21: Compositions and Methods for Treating Hypertension and is the first patent in the Patent Family
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms and the global leader in enhancing the speed and efficiency of orally-delivered fat-soluble active molecules and drugs through its patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology – has announced that the company has received notification of four newly awarded or allowed patents (https://cnw.fm/EDyAd). The new patents will add to Lexaria’s growing portfolio, bringing the total number of patents granted worldwide to 32, with several more pending.
Lexaria’s newly awarded or allowed patents include the following:
- Japan: Lexaria’s new patent in Japan is under Patent Family #3: Stable Ready-to-Drink Beverage Compositions Comprising Lipophilic Active Agents. This patent is the fifth awarded in Japan, strengthening the company’s growing Japanese patent portfolio. Under this particular patent family, Lexaria has existing patents in Australia, India, Japan, and Mexico.
- Australia: Lexaria’s new Australian patent is categorized under Patent Family #18: Compositions and Methods for Enhanced Delivery of Antiviral Agents. The new patent brings Lexaria’s total in Australia to ten and is the second patent in this Patent Family, following a similar patent in the United States awarded in 2022.
- Canada: Lexaria’s Canadian patent under Patent Family #8: Compositions Infused with Nicotine Compounds and Methods of Use Thereof has been allowed. This will be Lexaria’s second patent in this Patent Family and follows a similar issuance in Australia in 2022.
- United States: Lexaria has been notified that a new patent under Patent Family #21: Compositions and Methods for Treating Hypertension has been allowed in the US. The company believes this patent could provide significant importance in its pursuit of utilizing DehydraTECH-CBD concerning its expected upcoming FDA Investigational New Drug application. The outcomes of a series of hypertension studies already completed were instrumental in achieving this particular patent and is the first patent in the Patent Family.
When a patent is “allowed,” it means that the patent office has notified the company that it has been determined that they will soon grant the patent, often subject to some administrative tasks and/or fees.
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH technology speeds up delivery, increases bioavailability, increases brain absorption, improves drug potency, reduces drug administration cost, and masks unwanted taste. The company has conducted animal studies that demonstrated a propensity for DehydraTECH to elevate the quantity of drug delivered across the blood-brain barrier by as much as 1,700 percent, initiating additional new patent applications and opening possibilities for improved drug delivery.
Two markets of penetration for Lexaria include cardiovascular drugs and CBD. The global cardiovascular drug market is expected to reach $173.48 billion by 2026 (https://cnw.fm/HTuz0). The global CBD market is expected to reach $111.8 billion by 2030 (https://cnw.fm/CJlRS). Lexaria’s DehydraTECH technology anticipates leveraging both markets and others, including oral nicotine, PDE5 inhibitors, and more avenues in which Lexaria has filed for patent protection for.
The new patents will allow Lexaria to continue its research and use of DehydraTECH for several indications. The patents offer protection on the company’s technology and allow it to explore further additional opportunities for use – reducing drug administration costs, enhancing efficacy, and more.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CBDWire (CBDW) is a specialized information provider focused on (1) reporting CBD-related news and updates, (2) releasing CBDNewsBreaks crafted to keep investors abreast of the latest and greatest in the CBD market, (3) refining and enhancing corporate press releases, (4) delivering end-to-end distribution and social media services to client-partners and (5) constructing effective corporate communication solutions based on the unique requirements of CBD companies. CBDW is exclusively positioned in the burgeoning CBD sector with a proven team of journalists and researchers working to deliver high quality content to an expansive target audience of investors, consumers and industry news outlets. Our dissemination network of over 5,000 downstream distribution points allows us to deliver unparalleled reach, visibility and recognition to companies operating in both cannabidiol and the wider cannabis space. CBDWire (CBDW) is where CBD news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CBDWire to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.cbdwire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask Our Editor
CBDWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.